PC Tools AntiVirus 3.0
PC Tools AntiVirus provides world-leading protection
against viruses, worms and Trojans with rapid updates and OnGuard™
Buy Now : $
: 8.61 MB
With PC Tools AntiVirus you are protected against the most nefarious
cyber-threats attempting to gain access to your PC and personal
information. Going online without protection against the latest
fast-spreading virus and worms, such as Netsky, Mytob and MyDoom,
can result in infections within minutes.
Once infected, the virus will usually attempt to spread itself to
your friends, family and associates by accessing your email contacts
and networked PCs. The infection may also allow hackers to access
files on your PC, use it to launch attacks against other computers
and websites or to send mass SPAM email.
That’s why PC Tools AntiVirus provides world-leading protection,
with rapid database updates, OnGuard™ real-time protection and
comprehensive system scanning to ensure your system remains safe and
virus free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people
everyday to protect their home and business computers against online
PC Tools AntiVirus feature highlights
PC Tools AntiVirus Features
- Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing
- Detects, quarantines, disinfects and destroys over 115,000 virus
- OnGuard™ protects your computer against threats in real-time
- Automatically checks for frequent updates against the latest threats
- Real-time protection against computer viruses and related malware
PC Tools AntiVirus detects and eradicates viruses and related malware
threats that attempt to enter computer systems by means of file transfer
through storage media, e-mail, the Internet and other network protocols.
Protection is provided by means of on-demand system scanning or real-time
(OnGuard) detection of threats.
- A Smart Update feature to keep virus definitions and other feature
enhancements up to date
Smart Updates are released frequently, allowing you to protect your
system against the latest virus and related malware threats, as well
as improvements to PC Tools AntiVirus' functionality. By running Smart
Update regularly, you can help keep your system free of new infections.
- Scan Settings applicable to both PC Tools AntiVirus' on-demand
file scan and real-time protection features
The file type and scan options available on the Scan Settings screen
not only applies to infections detected in an on-demand File Scan,
but also covers those detected in real-time through the OnGuard tool
- Ability to quarantine and restore items that have been detected
PC Tools AntiVirus allows you either to remove detected viruses and
related malware from your system or to quarantine them into a contained
area. The majority of infections that have been quarantined can be
restored at a later time. You can customize PC Tools AntiVirus either
to remove or to quarantine malware items fixed in a scan.
- Logging of File Scans conducted by PC Tools AntiVirus
All File Scans conducted by PC Tools AntiVirus can be logged, providing
a record of when each scan was conducted; the infections that were
identified; and when infections were disinfected, quarantined or removed.
- Intel Pentium 300 MHz processor (or equivalent) or better
- 128 MB of RAM
- 40 MB of free hard disk space
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater