||Tauscan is a powerful Trojan Horse detection
and removal engine capable of detecting every known type of backdoor
that can threaten your system.
It works silently in the background to prevent attack and requires
hardly any system resources. Its user-friendly interface, innovative
features such as drag & drop scan, right-click scan and Wizard
were designed especially with novice users in mind !
- Works unobtrusively in the background and prevents Trojan horse
- Built-in on-demand scanner lets you scan the entire system or perform
a selective scan for the presence of malware on the computer and subsequently
remove all found instances
- Updatable malware definitions database ensures the up-to-date protection
- Low system resources consumption, easy-to-use and intuitive interface
- Tauscan is capable of detecting and removing more
about 1000 Trojan Horses including modifications and
variants from your system. That is more than any other
application currently available.
- The program scans your system's memory when it boots
and will remove any Trojan viruses it finds there.
- Its simple, but functional interface has been especially
designed with novice users in mind. All the primary
functions are accessible from the Toolbar and are easily
accessible at any time.
- Tauscan allows you to scan specific files and folders
with just a simple right-click mouse. Just choose "Scan"
from the menu and Tauscan does the rest!
- Another unique feature of Tauscan allows you to scan
a file or folder just by dragging and dropping the program's
icon into the Folder window. This feature is particularly
useful in order to scan an executable before you install
it on your system. You can also right-click a file or
folder and scan it that way too.
- The Tau Monitor feature checks all running processes
for the presence of a Trojan virus and even allows you
to kill any process with just two mouse clicks.
- The Context Help menu, Online Tour of our web site
and the Interactive Tutorial were all designed to make
Tauscan an effective yet simple tool for both novices
and professional users alike.
- The Wizard feature simplifies the setup and functionality
of the program and guides you through the whole scanning
process without any need on the user's part to be computer-literate.
- The Tauscan team constantly monitors the Internet
to discover new strains or completely new Trojans as
they appear. Tauscan's "Update" feature also
allows you to download the very latest updates to the
program as well as the very latest virus definition
files in order to combat each new threat as it appears.
The program can use a variety of mirrors to download
updates from and also supports proxy servers. Tauscan
will even remind you when an update is due.
- The advanced Trojan Analyzer allows the program to
detect Trojan viruses even if they have been incorporated
as an attachment. Rogue utilities such as Silk Rope,
Joiner and TOP for example, allow a cracker or hacker
to bind the Trojan to the installer in such a way that
the Trojan will install even if the user decides to
cancel the installation of the actual program.
- Tauscan creates a log file of all scanning processes
either as a plain text file, or in HTML format.
- The scanning process can be suspended and resumed
at any time. The user can also set the priority level
so that the program works invisibly in the background
while the user performs normal everyday tasks.
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium 133 or faster
- 10MB HardDisk space
- 32MB RAM