NeT Firewall 2.3.1
Protect your system from hackers and viruses
|| NeT Firewall is a comprehensive
stateful firewall solution built to protect Windows-based systems
not currently protected by a firewall. Stateful inspection technology
tracks each packet traversing the firewall and makes sure that they
are legitimate. A stateful inspection firewall also monitors the
state of the connection and compiles the information in a state
table ensuring that the source and destination of each packet is
valid. NeT Firewall is more secure than application-based personal
firewalls, yet less expensive than high-end firewalls, providing
comprehensive intrusion protection. Don't need logged on user to
load firewall rules and start packet filtering engine (option "Start
Firewall as a service").
Main features :
- A familiar and straight forward management tool.
- Powerful and flexible rule based packet filtering engine.
- Three levels of Stealth security.
- Easy to use and flexible log.
- Port/Protocol Mapping availability (PAT).
- Trial will NOT expire in 30 days
- One year technical support via e-mail
- FREE upgrade to new versions for one year
- Product notification by e-mail
- Beta testing for newest version
- Windows 95 (both Gold, OSR1 and OSR2) is not supported.
- You are recommended to uninstall third-party firewall software
prior installing NeT Firewall. NeT Firewall is fully compatible with
native Windows ICS and firewall but we can't guarantee the compatibility
with third-party packet filtering solutions.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer™ (IE) and Windows NT™ 4.0
Service Pack can be downloaded from Microsoft web site at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
with no cost, you should download the versions in your native language.
- NeT Firewall installation package includes a copy of Microsoft
Management Console (MMC) 1.2 (English), it will be installed only
when you have no MMC 1.2 installed already, you can download and install
MMC 1.2 in your language from Microsoft web site with no cost (http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/management/mmc/).
If you are using Windows 2000 (all versions), Windows XP (all versions)
or Windows .NET Server 2003 then you already have MMC installed.
- IE 5.0 or higher is required because both MMC 1.2 and NeT Firewall
management tools used Comctl32.dll version 5.80 or higher and used
HTML help which are installed by IE 5.0 or higher (Windows 98 SE/Me/2000
already have IE 5.0 or higher installed with them), however, you do
not need to set IE as the default web browser.
- Windowns 7/XP/2000/2003/Vista
- 10MB disk space
- 32MB-64MB memory