Exe Vaccine 4.00
Stop Spyware, Keyloggers Viruses and Unauthorized Programs in their tracks
Exe Vaccine has been
designed for PC users who require proactive protection against the
installation of unauthorized applications. Allowing users to run
trusted applications, while preventing the execution of non-trusted
EXE Vaccine - Executable File Filter
EXE Vaccine protects your PC by acting as an executable file filter.
It attaches to the operating system and filters all executable files,
be it .exe .com .dll .drv .sys .dpl etc from all drives and all
network shares against a list of files or paths, you, the administrator
provide as trusted applications. If a prohibited executable (one
not in the allow list or one explicitly defined in the deny list)
is loaded, a customizable popup box informs the user with an intelligent
EXE Vaccine has been designed for ease of use. Out of the box, a control
panel applet is installed which allows for the configuration to be quickly
modified. By default the program files and winnt/windows directories are
added which in many cases is all that is required to make a secured, yet
EXE Vaccine protects your PC all the time regardless of what user is logged
in. To install software, or run executables from un-trusted locations,
the administrator can utilize the control panel to stop the driver and
briefly interrupt filtering while the software is installed. Exe Vaccine
also protects tasks running in the SYSTEM account.
Simplified Network Deployment
With EXE Vaccine you need only install the package on a single workstation.
There is no client seed installation required. Once installed and appropriately
configured, you may utilize the Multiple Workstation functionality to
remotely install it with your configuration on other selected computers.
All that is needed is a single click. Likewise changes to the access list
can be distributed almost instantly and with minimal fuss.
- Increase productivity
- Protect from viruses
- Enforce Acceptable Users Policies
- Stop Peer-to-Peer applications
- Prevent Identity theft
- Provides unrestricted desktop access
- Increased desktop security
- Reduce IT support
- Protect expensive workstation assets
- Prevent illegal software installations
- Prevent spyware and adware
- Instantly disable and reactivate security; no need to reboot the
- Lockdown software installations
- Restrict unwanted computer use
- Save time! Remotely alter security on any computer instantly
- Security settings follow users to any computer on the network
- Complete remote administration out of the box
- Easily customize security using individual or group settings
- Works on networked or stand-alone computers
- For increased security and workstation performance Exe Vaccine fully
integrates with Drive Vaccine providing ultimate desktop security.
Exe Vaccine is available in three easy-to-use versions, each offering
successively more powerful enhancements to meet the management and monitoring
requirements of different-sized PC environments.
Exe Vaccine Home feature
- Exe Vaccine Home offers robust protection for small networks or
standalone computers. - Manual Configuration.
- Exe Vaccine Professional provides security and network management
capabilities for medium-sized networks. - Manual Configuration, Auto
- Exe Vaccine Enterprise delivers complete PC protection plus a range
of remote deployment and control tools for public access and enterprise
environments. - Manual Configuration, Auto Scanning, File Lock-Down,
Exe Vaccine Professional feature
- Windows NT/2000/XP compatible
- Small footprint (500 KB)
- Real-Time protection
- No definition files to update
- Monolithic kernel mode driver
- Detects all executable file types; regardless of its file extensions
- Prevents the launching of prohibited files regardless of it origin
(internet, network drive, removable media etc.)
- Operates in all user modes
- Instant network deployment
- Compatible with Drive Vaccine
- Compatible with all antivirus applications
- Control Panel aplet
- Stop or Start protection on real-time
- Option to log all prohibited installation attempts by users.
Exe Vaccine Enterprise feature
- All Exe Vaccine Home features.
- Applet can only be modified by Administrator
- Built-In file scanner
- Automatically adds executable files to the allowed list.
- More efficient engine results in fast file scanning.
- All Exe Vaccine Home features.
- All Exe Vaccine Professional features.
- Advanced scanning and hashing
- Users can not execute over-written files.
- Users can not execute files that have been renamed. Therefore,
creative students/users can not download files such as Kazaa and save
it on top of files such as notepad.exe and try to launch the program.
Exe Vaccine Enterprise will prevent this from happening.
- File scanner re-hashes for Windows updates...
- File scanner re-hashes for Anti-Virus updates
- Exe Enterprise comes with a Command line console application that
allows many of the Exe Vaccine administration functions to be scripted.
- ExeVaccine.exe console application. This has been modified to include
a password -p switch.[options]
- p Password
- u Update Hashes
- d Display differences
- r Rescan HDD for Executable Files
- v Verbose (Show files & hashes)
- e Enable executable filtering (driver)
- s Stop executable filtering (driver)
- Administrator Set Password required to open control panel applet.
- Administrotor can change password within Control Panel applet.
- The control panel applet requires Administrator rights to operate
and to obtain handles to the SCM, registry keys etc. Therefore if
you try to open the control panel applet from a user account, it will
prompt you to log in as an Administrator regardless of password.
- Users can not manually delete bltrust drivers and disable protection.