East-Tec Eraser 2005
Protect your data and privacy and remove all evidence
of your computer and online activity with East-Tec Eraser 2005
Now : $ 49.95
Eraser goes beyond U.S. Department of Defense standards for the
permanent erasure of digital information and easily removes every
trace of sensitive data from your computer. Completely destroy information
stored without your knowledge or approval: Internet history, Web
pages and pictures from sites visited on the Internet, unwanted
cookies, chatroom conversations, deleted e-mail messages, temporary
files, the Windows swap file, the Recycle Bin, previously deleted
files, valuable corporate trade secrets, business plans, personal
files, photos or confidential letters, etc. East-Tec Eraser 2005
offers full support for popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Netscape
Navigator, America Online, MSN Explorer, Opera), for Peer2Peer applications
(Kazaa, Kazaa Lite, iMesh, Napster, Morpheus, Direct Connect, Limewire,
Shareaza, etc.), and for other popular programs such as Windows
Media Player, RealPlayer, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, etc. Eraser has
an intuitive interface and wizards that guide you through all the
necessary steps needed to protect your privacy and sensitive information.
Other features include support for custom privacy needs, user-defined
erasure methods, command-line parameters, integration with Windows
Explorer, and password protection.
- Prevent your sensitive information from falling into the wrong
- Prevent colleagues, customers, or family members to see where you've
been on the Internet.
- Make sure that the information stored by Windows or by your programs
without your knowledge or approval does not compromise your privacy.
- Prevent identity theft. Identity thieves obtain your personal information
and use it without your knowledge to commit fraud or theft. The Federal
Trade Commission recommends fighting identity theft by using "wipe"
utility programs (like East-Tec Eraser 2005) to destroy information
you no longer need and want to delete.
- Make sure nobody recovers your deleted information. East-Tec Eraser
2005 has erasure methods that meet and exceed the standards of the
United States Department Of Defense (DOD 5220.22) and of the Naval
Information Systems Management Center.
- Speed up system performance and recover valuable hard disk space.
- Completely eliminates sensitive data from your computer: valuable
corporate trade secrets, business plans, personal files, confidential
letters, e-mail messages, Web browser tracks, Peer2Peer activity.
- Eraser introduces a new meaning for the verb TO ERASE: erasing
a file now means wiping its contents beyond recovery, destroying its
name and dates and finally removing it from disk.
- Meets and exceeds the U.S. Department of Defense standards for the
permanent erasure of digital information and offers wipe methods that
can stop even the most sophisticated software and hardware recovery
tools from restoring the erased data.
- Eraser can protect your computer and Internet privacy by removing
all evidence of your computer activities and your Web browsing tracks.
- Completely destroys any data from previously deleted files that
might still be accessible on your hard disk, in the Recycle Bin or
in the unused disk areas.
- Integration with the Windows Recycle Bin: Eraser can destroy the
files contained in the Recycle Bin beyond recovery.
- Integration with the Windows shell. You can drag files and folders
from Explorer and drop them in Eraser, or you can erase them directly
from Explorer or My Computer, with a single mouse click.
- Erases folder structures (folders with all their subfolders and
files) and even entire drives.
- Advanced features like verifying each wipe pass and each disk operation
allow Eraser to intercept any failures and inform you if data is not
- The command line parameters allow you to run Eraser from BAT files
or from scheduling software such as SystemAgent.
- Offers flexibility to schedule the most frequently used tasks in
Eraser at specified moments (for example, when the computer is not
used so intensively, or at times when the computer has been idle for
a number of minutes, so it will not interfere with user's work).
- The Anti-Surprise (Anti-Boss or Panic) Key allows user to close
all open windows and immediately run East-Tec Eraser with preselected
options (e.g. erase your Internet traces in stealth mode) with just
a combination of keys.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems, floppy, ZIP
and Jaz drives.