Mouse Trap 4.0
Desktop security software !
|| Mouse Trap is a powerful desktop
security tool for Windows 7, Vista, 2000, and XP. It traps
your mouse in place and locks your desktop until you enter your
password, while disabling system keys like Alt-Tab and Ctrl-Alt-Del
to prevent tampering. It can hide itself in the system tray until
you need to use it; it can also be configured to trap the mouse
on system startup or at a certain time of day.
Note to users of Windows 7, 2000, and XP: Ctrl Alt Del can still
be used while the computer is locked, but Mouse Trap cannot be shut
down. If you set Mouse Trap to "Recover on Reboot" it
will re-lock the computer when Windows loads again.
- Recover on reboot (if Mouse Trap is running, but
is not set to start with windows and someone shuts off
the computer Mouse Trap will recover itself)
- Can release the mouse at a certain time of the day.
- Can display a user-defined message when trapped
- You can position Mouse Trap around the screen (before
- Option to rollup Mouse Trap when trapped (useful for
showing presentations where you don't want anyone to
mess with the computer and you need as much screen space
- Cannot kill Mouse Trap with a process viewer
- Option to automatically hide Mouse Trap after the
mouse has been freed
- Settings and Exit can be password protected
- Privacy Screen (Blacks out the rest of the screen
- Shows if anyone has tried to guess your password
by showing how many invalid password attempts there
were and logs it to a text file.
- Can set the trap to start after your computer has
been idle for X amount of minutes (like a screen saver)
- Windows 7/2000/2003/XP/Vista
- 8 megs of RAM